Gome of the Week
Not only is he a bad singer, it also turns out he's a really bad guy. If you haven't read the stuff in the news lately about his fetish for videotaping himself doing illegal things to teenage girls, you might want to just skip it because it's really disturbing.
Not that I needed one more reason to never listen to his crappy music, but now I've got one just in case.
This Week's Link That's Probably Not That Great
Tetris Love - We all love Tetris. This site tells you the best places to play it on the internet. Who's ready to waste some time at work?
This Week's Movie You've Probably Never Seen
Terror Firmer (1999)
Wow. If any of you are familiar with Troma, you may know about this film. It's Terror Firmer and it is just not right, folks.
Actually, it's funny as hell, but funny in the like "I've never seen a guy eat poop before" sort of way.
The White Mystery said it best when he stated "Dude, just don't watch it with a chick. She won't be feeling it."
True that. Worst date movie ever.
This Week's Record You're Probably Not Listening To
Princess Superstar - Is (2001)
It seems to be the cool thing to do right now to hate Princess Superstar, and I think it's because people just don't know what else to do. How about this?
Admit that she beats ass, because she does. Check the technique:
"Now we getting critical mass sass pinnacle like the citadel not minimal we hospitable/ Mad kissable it's difficult aristicral princess for instance we invincible never divisible make you invisible"
That's right. And she's hot to boot. Buy the damn record.
This Week's Hip New Slang Word or Phrase
one way - It's not a three way, it's not a two way, it's gotta be a one way when you're going solo.
Origin - My man Oatmeal said it a couple weeks ago and I almost lost it.
Usage - "Dude, this party is trump tight. What do you think the chances are of me getting those two chicks over there into a three way with me tonight?"
"Dude, you better just deal with the fact that you're going to have a one way in the bathroom and then pass out. If you're lucky."
This Week's Top Ten List
Brad's Top Ten Favorite Songs at This Very Minute, Some of Which He Will Probably Hate By Next Week:
10. "Potholes in My Lawn" - De La Soul. Have never understood what the hell this song is about, but damn it's funky.
09. "OK Jokes Over" - Dismemberment Plan. A really old song of theirs, an angry tune about a girlfriend rooting it out with another guy. Nice and bitter.
08. "A Little Ain't Enough" - David Lee Roth. The title track from one of his over-looked solo records. He may be uncool, but he's still ok in my book.
07. "Never Say Never" - Queens of the Stone Age. Their cover version of the Romeo Void classic. I think I'm just jonesing for their new record.
06. "Bad Babysitter" - Princess Superstar. Best single of the year.
05. "The Hexx" - Pavement. There is this little four bar part in the middle of this song that is one of the coolest things I've ever heard.
04. "Where's My Tour Van?" - The Buttery Lords. We're playing with these guys soon and I can't wait. This song is funny and catchy, which is sometimes hard.
03. "What Would You Have Me Do?" - Local H. The final song on their new record, it's really long and really pissed and really rocking. Dude, sweet.
02. "Full Stride" - Park-Like Setting. John Smith is a stallion. Some people are still making good hip-hop.
01. "Dance Hall Days" - Wang Chung. Best song ever.