Gome of the Week
Whoever keeps giving me these damn parking tickets:
I mean, I pay the posted rate in the lot and sure, maybe I don't drive my car home that night, and yes, maybe I don't get it until around 5PM the next day, but can you please just give me a break?
I'm trying to be a good person and not drive home drunk and look where it gets me.
Staring at a ticket that I never intend to pay.
This Week's Link That's Probably Not That Great
Andrew Ridgley Tribute - Sit back, relax, and learn all about the guy in Wham! who wasn't George Michael. Next week: A tribute to Garfunkel and Oates!
This Week's Movie You've Probably Never Seen
Steve Earle & The Dukes: Transcendental Blues Live (2000)
This is featured this week for a number of reasons. First of all, Steve Earle is just really goddamned great and so what the hell. Another reason is that Pocaroba is moving and his videos are packed up so we're kind of short on movies. However, the best reason is that his rhythm guitar player in this video looks exactly fucking like me. Honestly, it's uncanny. I was watching this with Biff and I just turned to him and said "I don't remember being a Duke."
And then we laughed.
This Week's Record You're Probably Not Listening To
Samantha Fox - "Naughty Girls (Need Love Too)" (1987)
I need to just stop looking through my old records, but it's like a train wreck and I just can't look away. I can't believe I actually own a Samantha Fox record. What the hell. But this is the Full Force remix version so it's cool, bro.
Let's hear it for Z100 when I was in grade school! Super sweet!
This Week's Hip New Slang Word or Phrase
____, you diabolical... - A great way to express your displeasure at someone's mischievous behavior.
Origin - Homer fucking Simpson, biznatch. Kind of.
Usage - "Dude, Johnny, I think I'm going to go grab an ice-cold Oly out of the fridge."
"Well, that's a damn fine plan, Biff, aside from the fact that I'm drinking the last one right now."
"Wockenfuss, you diabolical....."
This Week's Top Ten List
Brad's Top Ten Favorite Things Right Now, at 2AM on Sunday night:
10. "Dirty Work" by Steely Dan - A great song about people who shouldn't be doing the things they are doing.
09. Waking up at 2:30 today - surprisingly refreshing.
08. Having the house to myself - I treasure these moments.
07. The new Widgets record - Listening to it right now.
06. New CAC stickers - Ask me for one the next time you see me. It better end up somewhere sweet, like your car. Or somwhere indie, like your Vespa.
05. My MC Paul Barman records that I finally got back from Pocaroba - How did I live without them?
04. Spelling "yr" instead of "your" or "you're" - Indie and retro all at the same time.
03. "Get On the Floor" by the Promise Ring - You think this band sucks and you can fuck off.
02. My insomnia - Sometimes opens the door to productivity.
01. Sleeping next to my cat - She snores louder than I do. No shit.