Gome of the Week
Half N Half:
Dude, we miss you being around. Thought this old picture might remind you of how damn cool we both were when we lived in Eugene. Let's hear it for nanny goat beards and pooka shells.
The CAC fans need the halfer style.
This Week's Link That's Probably Not That Great
Coonpix - Our good buddy Andrew shows off some of his favorite photos.
This Week's Movie You've Probably Never Seen
Demolition High (1996)
Oh Corey Haim.
Corey stars in this "Toy Soldiers" meets "Die Hard" as a high schooler who foils a group of terrorists. Too bad Corey is like 32. Also he sports a flannel with cutoff sleeves. That is so awesome.
Alan Thicke and Dick Van Patten co-star if that means anything to you.
Stay tuned for the sequel next week!
This Week's Record You're Probably Not Listening To
Spazz - Sweatin' II: Deported Live Dwarf (1996)
Spazz bring the math/metal/thrash 10 years before it was in vogue. I used to rock to this back when I was 17 and a wannabe crusty punk.
34 songs with titles such as "droppin many ravers", "judgement of ito", "lil dinkums", "katon w. depena without the 'w' is like grilled cheese without the grill (parts 1 and 2)", and "total meathead fuck".
"trip on this/ the feeling of my fist/ in your face/ end the rave!"
Brilliant. Love biff.
This Week's Hip New Slang Word or Phrase
seough - Our old school way of saying goodbye. Pronounced kind of like "See ya" but more like "See-ewe." Also could be spelled "Suh."
Origin - Salem, early nineties
Usage - "Dude, if you don't turn off that porn, I'm afraid you're going to start pulling root."
"Dude, you should stick around and see if I do that."
This Week's Top Ten List
The Top Ten Best Unintelligible Lines From "19 Naughty III," One of the Greatest Rap Songs Ever, Performed by Naughty By Nature:
10. "As long as I got shit styles and Biz liquid I'm a kick it"
09. "Step off before you wipe the floor like a step cloth"
08. "Keep your nose on my door how much I make don't get this green just know my income comes in."
07. "If you can't say hello at the same show then don't sit your R&B ass in the same row."
06. "Pissy ass of the week hots and dissy ass of the month"
05. "Word to rap I won't slap for no one to know ho"
04. "My dirt go work and hurt the Urkel like a vertical skirt slow jerk"
03. "I'm the fear of the year, yeah I'm that fear, and I'm the same trigga nigga from last year"
02. "Hangin' like a tass so honey wanna wrassle I'll tear you a new heine like the rotten rascals"
01. "We got the tricky he's for the tricky she's we got live Salt N Pepa yo yo like in Mickey D's and they can figure in the hicky G's and how your lost ass was found is still a fuckin' mystery"