Gome of the Week
Controversy over The Passion of the Christ:
So many people so upset about something that has yet to come out so they probably have yet to see it. Funny how that works.
This Week's Link That's Probably Not That Great
Chinese Checkers - The games just keep on coming. This one makes some annoying noises.
This Week's Movie You've Probably Never Seen
Outkast: The Videos (2003)
The music of Outkast in convenient DVD form.
Although it is lacking some of the earlier stuff (where the heck is "Get Up Get Out"?) it does contain the long form version of "Hey Ya!"/"The Way You Move" which is dope.
"Players Ball" and "B.O.B." are always entertaining as well.
The precursor to the burgeoning film career of Andre 3000, which could be a mistake in the long run.
We have to wait and see.
This Week's Record You're Probably Not Listening To
Amy Sedaris, Paul Dinello & Stephen Colbert - Wigfield (2003)
Not an actual musical recording, but it is a 4 CD set, so what the hey.
The team that gave you Strangers With Candy offer up comedy on the dry wit tip and it is terribly hilarious. I listen to this in my car and I somehow have avoided an accident due to laughter so far, but it has come close.
This Week's Hip New Slang Word or Phrase
moobs - Man boobs.
Origin - Upstate.
Usage - "Dude, that yahtzee I was with last night was driving like popeye."
"Dude, were you guys housed like a suburb?"
"No, I think she may have just been avoiding the sight of my moobs, which were kind of going bananas."
This Week's Top Ten List
The Top Ten Signs Your Cab Driver is Nuts:
10. You give him your address, he asks you if it's anywhere near Tijauna
09. His pants are drying in the back seat
08. His first question is ''Are you feeling sober enough to drive?''
07. The cab is empty, he insists you hop in the front seat and ''ride bitch''
06. Asks you if it's cool if he makes a stop to pay off his shylock
05. Offers you a fresh bag of warm nuts
04. Turns off the fasten seat belt sign, encourages you to move about the cabin
03. Tells you it's ok to smoke, as long as it's meth and as long as you share the love
02. Tells you that The Royal Tennenbaums is his favorite film
01. His cab is nothing more than a little red wagon strapped to a mountain bike