Gome of the Week
Andy Richter's new show makes me miss the old one even more. His wife seems to be the same age as the kids.
This Week's Link That's Probably Not That Great
Rocky VI - An exclusive preview.
This Week's Movie You've Probably Never Seen
Godzilla 1985 (1984)
Godzilla is back, and as you can see, he means business.
Yes, the special effects are so terrible they're great. And it includes people actually speaking English, overdubs in English, and subtitles to boot.
Basically, everything you'd expect from a Godzilla movie of this caliber.
Oh yeah, and Raymond Burr makes an appearance at the end for good measure.
This Week's Record You're Probably Not Listening To
Minutemen - What Makes a Man Start Fires? (1984)
i have been listening to this album every morning in the shower for the last three weeks. it is officially one of the greatest albums ever.
18 songs in 27 minutes is nothing to shake a stick at. this album will change your miserable little life.
check the lyrics from "beacon sighted through fog": "caste off, meaning is rough. I'm one knot tangled in a heap. i know it's paradox with my dreams. i know it's paradox with my dreams. ship's creaking, taking on bull shit. i fuckin' scream: jump ship! jump shimp!"
it's so true. it's so true.
This Week's Hip New Slang Word or Phrase
the brotisserie - A MMF 3-way, with one dude on each end. See also- "fingercuffs," "slapping five on her," and "filled out like a job application."
Origin - Oat.
Usage - "Dude, that yahtzee I was with last night wanted me to to give her some road cunny."
"Dude, she sounds like a 'roke ho."
"Dude, yes. The only place I wanted to be was at the helm of the bobsled."
"But instead I took her to my super bro's place and we put her in the brotisserie."
This Week's Top Ten List
The Top Ten Signs Your Band Sucks:
10. Your bio includes the phrase "street cred"
09. It's the side project of a dude from a band that sucked in the first place
08. Two words: matching overalls
07. Your lead singer rocks an ironic rat tail
06. You wank a lot- on your laptop
05. Your hit single includes the word "faggot" but it's cool because your cousin is gay
04. Your visor: upside down, inside out, and backwards
03. You're named after a character in an "obscure" movie that any run of the mill stoner owns
02. Dude, your friend's brother who lives outside of L.A. has "connex"
01. You play in Modest Mouse