Gome of the Week
It's 30 years after Never Mind The Bollocks and John Lydon still can't stop complimenting himself and reasserting what a punk he is. Meanwhile he's hosting nature shows and getting the Pistols back together to record tracks for the new Guitar Hero. Ever feel like you've been cheated? Nah, people stopped giving a shit a long time ago.
This Week's Link That's Probably Not That Great
Jobber Hall of Fame - A short tribute to some of our favorite ham and eggers.
This Week's Movie You've Probably Never Seen
Liberty Stands Still (2002)
Um yeah, sometimes I even surprise myself with the garbage that I come home with. If you were wondering, Linda Fiorentino does not, I repeat does not, show her boobs in this. She comes close but not all the way. This film tries to make itself out to be a really important artistic statement on The Second Amendment (I'm not kidding). It really is more like a crappy prequel to "Phone Booth." Apparently so crappy that
Fiorentino never acted again. If only the same could be said for Wesley Snipes…
This Week's Record You're Probably Not Listening To
Fabulous Poodles - Mirror Stars (1978)
Actually a pretty sweet new wave-ish record that I, of course, scored for a discount price in the ol' as-is bins. I guess this is a compilation album made just for the States, so maybe that's why all the songs are catchy. Fun fact: John Entwistle from The Who produced a few of the tracks on here.
This Week's Hip New Slang Word or Phrase
breasteraunt - A strip club where you can treat yourself to a sensible meal.
Origin - EA. He changed the game.
Usage - "Dude, you look a little pale."
"Dude, I've been doing leg lifts and listening to Dio in the garage for the last six hours."
"Dude, that can't be healthy. Shower up and let's hit the strip club."
"I really should eat something. I can't feel my legs and I'm meeting my coug later."
"Don't worry, it's breasteraunt style. We'll get you a basket of chicken strips and you'll be ogling bunghole at full power in no time."
This Week's Top Ten List
The Top Ten Shows In the New Fall Lineup:
10. Katie Couric Tries Not To Cry Through What Certainly Will Be Her Last Season As An Anchorwoman
09. 50 Bucks to Anyone Who Can Tell The Difference Between Steven Tyler and Carly Simon
08. Are You On the Verge of Slapping the Shit Out of These Smug Little Fifth Graders?
07. The Genital Warts of Love w/ Jani Lane from Warrant
06. Deal or Shut the Fuck Up, Howie
05. Fleshy Fun Bridge: The Taint Chronicles of Perry Neum
04. Scott Baio is 46 and A Deadbeat Dad
03. Of Skull Tattoos and Mayhem: The Last Tragic Days of Bam Bam Bigelow (miniseries)
02. Power Napping With Rachael Ray
01. Pilled Up and Preachy: The Janeane Garofalo Hour
Cancel One Career