Gome of the Week
Yes, baseball season is finally here, and that can only mean one thing: Alex Rodriguez is making more this season than the entire Florida Marlins team.
This Week's Link That's Probably Not That Great
WWF Superstars Taping - Flickr set of some scanned photos that are awesome.
This Week's Movie You've Probably Never Seen
To End All Wars (2001)
When I found this at the video store I remember thinking about how I could never have heard of this. It has two name actors in what seems to be a big budget production. Who knows? Anyways, Kiefer Sutherland and Robert Carlyle find themselves in a World War II POW camp that is forced to build a railroad through the Burmese jungle. This is based on one of the surviving man's books on the subject and seems pretty dedicated to realism. The movie is pretty rough as the men are continuously tortured for years. A great movie about a fascinating, oft-forgotten part of the war.
This Week's Record You're Probably Not Listening To
The Ritchie Family - American Generation (1978)
Just when I thought I could go through my life without hearing a disco version of "Big Spender," this comes along and spoils my plans. Other than that failed attempt at a novelty hit, it's some of the most derivative and forgettable disco I've ever heard. Which isn't saying much. However, who doesn't love a young lady in a bikini and shoulder pads?
This Week's Hip New Slang Word or Phrase
yambag - Yet another high brow name for the nutsack.
Origin - I heard it from Lyle the Intern on Letterman, but I'm sure it goes way back.
Usage - "Dude, let's hit the batting cages."
"No dice, broseph. I've got a bacne treatment in an hour."
"Well look at you, dude. La-de-dah."
"Hey dude, watch yourself. I will not hesitate to step on your neck."
"Whoa, calm down brody. I'm not trying to squeeze your yambag or anything."
This Week's Top Ten List
The Top Ten Things I Did During Spring Break:
10. Went to Cabo, got all fuckin' Wabo with Sammy Hagar
09. Got my sexual harassment on, made frequent use of the word "titties"
08. Body shots off some bitch who was at least an 8.5, possibly a 9, bro
07. Blacked out on the beach, when approached by local news crew, yelled something about it being "date rapin' season"
06. Went to the White Sale at Mervyn's
05. Got many laughs from my "I Swear To Drunk I'm Not God" shirt. Hilarious
04. I was told I got on the bow of a boat during the filming of an MTV special and yelled "Alright, who wants to see my butthole?"
03. Took shirt off to prominently feature tribal armband wrapped in Japanese symbol with some stars around it tattoo.
02. Inserted bluetooth thingy in ear on Friday, left it in until the following Sunday
01. Re-seeded my lawn. It was time
Cancel One Career